Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, June 08, 2008

British pub

I went to British pub with my friends. We are four girls together.
We had live band there. I do not really know what songs they are playing. All the songs are not familiar with me at all. Never mind.
That made me really excited. It is really British pub and I remember many good time I had in London.
So at the counter, I even try to order Pimz even if I can guess it might be hard to find it here.
I could not get it.
I ordered Calua-milk.

American guy talked to me. He said he is an English teacher in Japan and stayed here for ten years.
I did not like him from the beginning. It is not his fault nor mine. It is just like that .
He said I should sit on his lap.
Can you believe that?
Why do I need to sit on his lap? How dare he say that?
This is the way we Japanese girls are treated by some discreet western.
(Sorry I know some are not like that and I have great western friends here and in London.)
If I am in London, I would say no to him clearly. Here in Japan it is hard to say no.
So I try to be far away from him pretending just dancing and unintentionally being far away.
I did that successfully.

5 Comments:

  • At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I'm sorry to read that this guy didn't give you proper respect. And impressed by the subtle way you dealt with the situation. Yesterday in a coffee shop I was staring-out of the window and 'didn't notice' a woman who thought I was looking at her. She became upset. Though this lady had read the situation incorrectly, I realise why she reacted like this. I'm not somebody who letches at women....well not so they notice :)

     
  • At 12:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were at a British pub. Many Japanese girls go to foreign places in Tokyo because they want to have sex with gaijin.

    From reading your blog it is clear that you are not an adult person, and that you don't really understand the relationships between men and women.

    If you don't like that type of situation, you shouldn't go to that type of place in the evening.

    You must learn to recognize different situations. It is an important part of growing up.

     
  • At 11:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Tomoko don't let people tell you it's your fault..

    People are always looking for others to blame, and you have done nothing wrong.

    I don't like pubs in England or the people that goto pub. Maybe drinking in a Public House isn't for you.

    I half agree..recognise the truth, and what it means to be someone who goes drinking.

     
  • At 11:40 AM, Blogger Polly said…

    Hey don't lsten to anonymous 12.40am post.

    Of course you can go to such places and that guy had no right to treat japanese women that way.

    You did recognise the situation because you are mature and not naive.
    I don't agree with that persons comment.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Polly! You are so weat alwasys.
    And the other anonymous, thanks for putting your comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home