Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Tuesday, June 03, 2008

The little schemer


The little schemer
The front cover is quite cute.
This book is recommended by one of my nerd friend when I said to him I would like to learn more computer things. Although I am terrible at computer I love it.
This book seems really nice. On the amazon website, it has high rating from readers.
Not all books has 5 star rating.


I was really looking forward to receive this book from Amazon.
In my living place there is a some system called received box. It is kind of safely box fixed at the entrance. Delivery people left it in safety box and set the pass word each time. They left the message note with the password and put it on our each mail box.
I found a note in my mail box and was to open the safety box.
When I was just try to open the safety box, old lady from the landlord family passed by and she tried to be kind to me and helped me. According to her, after we slide the note, the note should be popped out and the box will be open automatically . I have received some delivery however I did not that function. And she took the note from me and slide it some safety box. It has gone.
I really understand her kindness and appreciate and happy with her. So it is all right.
I need ask help my landlord , I mean her son.
However I have to leave home early morning and come back late everyday. I can not knock the door of my landlord early morning or late night.
So my book is still in the safety box for three days now...

7 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Blogger Karamoon said…

    Tomoko-chan, I don't want to give you bad news, but... Maybe you misunderstood your friend, or your friend is an idiot. The Little Schemer is not a book that you can read now. It won`t be useful to you. Didn't you notice that it is a book for people who studied the author's other book "The Seasoned Schemer"? I will take you to a bookshop and help you choose some better computer books in Japanese.

    - Karamoon

     
  • At 8:04 PM, Blogger Sil said…

    I think "The Seasoned Schemer" is for readers who studied this book.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Karamoon, Thank you for your comment.
    I believe that this book is worth to have because of it pretty front I will enjoy the picture at leaset.
    Cheers
    Tomoko

     
  • At 8:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    There is a Japanese translaiton of
    "The Little Schemer"

    Good luck,
    ... Dan

     
  • At 5:45 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Karmoon, i've read this book. It's fine to read as a beginner text. The sequel is the seasoned schemer. Both books are excellent

     
  • At 9:03 PM, Blogger valvallow said…

    Hi, my handle-name is valvallow.I'm Japanese.
    Are you Japanese ?
    I read this book with happily.
    Enjoy it.

    Sorry, I can't write English. But I wrote somehow.

     
  • At 9:04 PM, Blogger valvallow said…

    Hi, my handle-name is valvallow.I'm Japanese.
    Are you Japanese ?
    I read this book with happily.
    Enjoy it.

    Sorry, I can't write English. But I wrote somehow.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home