Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, June 02, 2008

The book club/THE BOOK THIEF


I am attending a book club. For the next meeting, I am reading THE BOOK THIEF.
I think this book is quite elaborate. For example they use the old type of typing on chapter title and the page numbers so that we can feel some old time.
The book content itself I think I am quite interested in.
The story teller is an death angle. His way of talking is quite cool.
He find a girl called Liesel when he took her brother. We can see how Liesel lives thorough this story teller. His way of talking give us some cynical felling and distance however still I find some warmness from his talking. Liesel lives in the under Nazis circumstances.
Obviously she is not in the happy situation. Her parents were taken away and she is with her foster parents and they are not rich. However she is not completely unhappy. She have people who care about her in her life. I really thanks for God this even if it is the thing in the book.

I think I am so lucky.
My English is not really good however I can have enough ability to read books and that give me huge enjoyment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home