Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, June 26, 2008

Book club

Book club
I attended the book club yesterday.
We are around fifteen women and one guy. Most of us are married western woman.I guess many of them came to Tokyo with thier hasband who is transferred to Tokyo. Some are in the different case, I assume.

I think I am the only Japanese woman there.
In that sense, I am a minority as the one guy there.
This time the book is a novel called "the book thief". It is a story about a girl who live in the Nazi circumstance in German.

The characters in this novel are quite lovable.
I enjoyed the question at the book club: who is your favorite character in this novel?
Mine is Rudy, who is had lemon color hair and the best friend of the book thief.
The atmosphere is quite nice in this book club .It remind me my high school days since I attended girl high school.
The difference is at that time of my old school days we are more spoiled girls and here we are more adult and mature
and have ability to consider other people.
However I can feel more relaxing and gentile atmosphere which I can not find at male society.
The next novel is -.
To be honest, I prefer novel, especially emotional one.
this book is rather technical book and might not be my preference.
To have chances to read books I do not fancy is also a great point of attending book club.
So I start to read this one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home