Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Lemon, ginger & mango

Lemon, ginger & mango

In Japan, there are some medicines for multi symptoms for catching a cold. In UK, I heard there are no such things. I asked UK people, what they should take, most of them said that they take Vitamin, eating fresh fruits and supplement.
I think it might be logical because Japanese multi medicines for catching a cold are made up of vitamin mostly.
Now, I catch a cold and I could not fined appropriate medicine to me, so I decide to drink a cup of ginger tea. To elaborate, it is lemon, ginger & mongo tea.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Tomi!

    There are plenty of such kind of medicine in UK. Even at supermarkets like Sainsburies there is a good choice of them.
    I can recommend Coldrax (if i recall its spelling right) - it is quite good and you can find it everywhere.
    But to take vitamins is even better, since you can finely adjust the dosage of all the components according to your disease. And it will be much cheaper than to buy a complex medicine like Coldrax.
    Anyhow. To fight a general cold you need to take 2 main components:
    1. Vitamin C,
    2. Aspirin or paracetamol (antipyretic).

    The first component will give the actual strength to your organism, the second one will take the pain (heat).
    Both components always present in a complex anti-cold medicine like Coldrax. They are the basis - all the rest is of a minor importance. So, u can easily buy these components separately and pay much less.

    The amount of vitamin C to be taken by an adult (who suspects he/she is getting a cold) is 1 g per day.
    The amount of an antipyretic depends on the need - you take as much as needed to feel comfortable. However, i would advise not to take antipyretics at all. No, they will not harm, but your convalescence is much faster without them: the heat itself fights the disease. So, if you support your immune system just with vitamin C, that is enough in a general case when you are not seriously ill yet, but has a light suspiction.

    Be healthy!

    Al

     
  • At 1:29 AM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    AL! Thank you for commenting
    on my blog
    I am so happy to see you comment!
    Supposedly, I misunderstood about the medicine in UK.
    I will buy that multi-medicine in case I catch a cold. I keep healthy is quite difficult here for me. I am easy to avoid my meal and just leave it.
    I try to eat as much as possible and keep warm.
    I suppose you are busy.
    Also for you, it must be difficult to keep healthy.
    Take care!
    Tomi

     

Post a Comment

<< Home