Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Friday, October 07, 2005

I had to take it


Today I got my Contact lens shop. It took about two months.
I started to try to buy Contact lens from August.
In UK, they have different system from Japanese one.
I am not familiar with UK’s system and this unfamiliarity made me confused.
In Japan, people just go to Contact lens shop and see a doctor and optician and get what they want in a hour. In UK, people have more careful way.

1. People go to the Contact lens shop and make an appointment to the inspection.
2. People go to the Contact lens at the time of the appointment and take the inspections.
There are two kinds of inspections.
a. The inspection of the visual acuity and health issue(o£)
b. The inspection of the size or other issue related to the contact lens (18 £)
   
3. People order the contact lese and pay for their purchases.(depend on their purchase, so ?£)
4. About two weeks wait for their contact lens’ coming to the shop.
5. People go to the contact lens shop and try their new contact lens. If their contact lens do not fit their eyes for some reasons, they have to order again and have to wait two weeks again.

6. If their contact lenses fit successfully, they have to pay for optician’s checking the contact lens’ fitting in your eyes.(20£)

I understand UK system, but I can not take it. I can not see why people have to pay for optician’s checking the contact lens’ fitting in your eyes. (20£) People already paid for the inspection of the size or other issue related to the contact lens (18 £). I think it is strange but it is just system I had to take it.
I want to know if UK people really take it a usual thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home