Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, October 09, 2005

The Albert Arms Pub

I went to the pub by myself because I think it is nice if I want to speak with local people. I came here to learn not only my subject but also develop my English. Honest speaking, I do not have much chance to speak with local people and I do no have any local friends and my English is still bad. I have about 15 course mates, they are nice but most of them are also oversea students.
I sometime need to be localized!
Actually it is hard to understand what the local usual people speak because it is different from English text and BBC news. For example, the man said to his dog ‘all way’, I could not see the meaning of it. It means the order of lying down.
I talked with some people. The pub keepers and a man with his dog and old lady and other man etc…
Today, I learn that there are three kind of beer, Lugger and Sider and Bitter.
Lugger is fizzier that bitter. I drunk a cup of Bitter, and a man with his dog ordered a another cup of bitter for me. It was so kind of him, wasn’t him?
I did not know even the word ‘fizzy’ and I learned from the pub keeper. It means that the liquid contains more gas.
It was a quite cosy place so I will be there again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home