Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Breast Cancer Research shop


I started to work at a Breast Cancer Research shop as a volunteer.
Today was my second day there.
Actually I like this shop because I can talk with people in town and know much about them. Sunday is a day when much donation items are coming because people clean up their house and find things to donate. Some are quite nice things and some are not quite so nice (rubbish).
This season is the Christmas season and there are many Christmas items in the shop. The atmosphere in the shop is warm and cheerful because of Christmas items.
When I was in the shop, one kids asked me ‘Have you got kids clothes? ‘
We carry some, but not so many and I do not know how to answer so I asked help my colleague.
The kid bought a nit hat and said to me ‘Are you learning?’
He seemed not a cute kids, I means he looked something naughty.
My colleague was a cute English girl who is only fourteen years olds. I am surprised how she looked mature. She said she is not over mature looking but quite average looking. I learned from her that High school students need to be volunteers to get some qualification which can be useful to apply to Universities. The name of the qualification is ‘Duke of Edinburgh’. What is related to Edinburgh? I do not know.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I enjoyed reading some of your posts Tomoko. I was looking for breast cancer research related information and found your blog. I have a breast cancer research site. It covers everything about ovarian cancer concerns, warning signs, ovarian cancer treatment and breast cancer awareness. You'll find it very informative. Come and check it out if you get time :-)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home