Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, December 05, 2005

I am a Nerd


Today, I decorate my room for Christmas.
I cut the wrapping paper in the shape of a boot and a Christmas tree. My room is small and I don not have many dolls or something which represent my personality.
In the night, I cut wrapping paper on my own. After I put the papers I feel great satisfaction seeing it.
I though I might be a Nerd but never mind. Nerd is my new word and I found this word interesting. In Japan, I have seen many Nerds and they are my friends. I attended an engineer course in my University and most of the students were Nerds, I am afraid.
In a dictionary, the word Nerd is defined that the person who is not fashionable and has boring hobbies.
Usually my friends in the university are not so fashionable sometime they have boring hobbies such as collecting stamps and pins. Moreover they are not really good at communicate with other people but, bad at communicating does not necessarily mean they are not kind. Many of us are nice but do not know how to express.
I guess, Japanese Nerd and English Nerd may be different. .Same? If you know about some information about English Nerd, let me know!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home