Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, September 01, 2008

Computer/Terms

Terms
There are several terms I need to familiar with.
I will put there some. It might not organize some structured knowledge thought.
LAMP: Linux, Appache, MySQL, PHP. This is the most practical combination for use. Linux is the OS and Appache is the web server and MySQL is the database and PFP is programming.

PHP: PHP Hypertext programming. I know it sound strange. This king of words is called recursion. Something like two mirror are seeing each other and we can see the repeating reflecting imagines indefinitely.

UNIX: is the OS developed by “AT&T” which is an American Telecommunication Company. UNIX was expensive system only for a Rich Corporation. It is firstly developed around the end of the world war two. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unix

BSD: Bakery software Distribution. I consider it is one type of open sources.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bakery? = D

    Should that be ' Berkley '.
    Tomoko-san with all this computer knowledge, you will have all of us computer geeks fighting for you affection!!! LOL w w w

     

Post a Comment

<< Home