Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, September 01, 2008

Abstraction layer

My description might not be exact right however I believer what I need is to get used to the concept. Things do not need to exact.

I understand the abstraction layer as below.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abstraction_layer

KDE
Shell
Kernel
Firmware Bios
Hardware HDD, RAM

KDE: Desk top manager. Except this desk top manager Gnome is also well known desk top manager.

Shell: a shell is a piece of software that provides an interface for users. Typically, the term refers to an operating system shell which provides access to the services of a kernel. There are two kinds of shells.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shell_(computing)#Text_.28CLI.29_shells

GUI (graphical user interface)
One of the well known shells is “the X windowing system”. This software give us more friendly interface. It is not related to something Microsoft windows at all. It is a GUL got Linux, Windows.

Another famous GUI is ”windows explore”. It is not related to “Internet explore” at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Explorer

CLI(command line interface)
I often type bash command in the black console window. This sort tof unfriendly interface is supposed to be CLI.
We have many different commands type: CMD, BASH, CSH, KSH, BSH.
Among these command, bash is the most popular and I have used before.

*************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home