Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Tokyo Linux Users Group

Tokyo Linux Users Group
http://tlug.linux.or.jp/
This is a technical meeting I sometime attend.
I attend this last Saturday.
As you can see from the name, it is a meeting who love Linux.
I am not strong however I strong love computer and Linux.


This meeting is composed of non Japanese although I can find some including me.
This time, two groups deliver the presentation.
I think around twenty people attended and mainly male.

(1)"Test Driven Development with Eclipse" by Josh Glover
Do you have any idea about TDD? This is
Test-Driven Development (TDD) is a software development technique consisting of short iterations where new test cases covering the desired improvement or new functionality are written first, then the production code necessary to pass the tests is implemented
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Test-driven_development
The presentation was with the performance with TDD in Java.
I have some basic idea about Java and object language however I was so lost what the presenter was
doing.

(2)"TOMOYO Linux Overview" by TOMOYO Linux Project.
This presentation was give by NTT Docomo people. TLUG is casually technical meeting and people do not really carry company name when they attend however this time they gave us their presentation more official way.
TOMOYO Linux is access control. I heard.
As far as I understand they embedded the source code of TOMOKO Linux to Ubuntu.
We have two time of access control. One is SE Linux and the other is TOMOYO Linux.
TOMOYO Linux is the access control preformed by userland process.

I do not really get the content however I love this meeting.
Firstly, sometimes I lose my passion to the computer in busy life however it revive my passion to it somehow. I would like to grow my knowledge and skill and would like to participate in this meeting more. This is one of my dream.
Secondly I like the atmosphere there. Engineers has that kind of atmosphere often.
They are the creators and often have some warm atmosphere and that remind me my school day at engineering University.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home