Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Reading a novel

As you can see, I have some disadvantage in English.
I can read and write and speak however I've got to admit I can not do some particularly which require me more vocabulary.
Reading novel is one of them.
I can read some technical article if it is written in my knowledge since technical article never require me more vocabulary than novels do.
I decided to attend some book club recently. The next meeting will be hold 30th and I am reading the book which is assigned to the next meeting.
“Never let me go” by Kazuo Ishiguro.

So I visited some bookshop where they deal with books in English.

http://www.gooddaybooks.com/contents/home/index_html?language=english


The shop is called “Good day books” in Ebisu. Since books there are used, they are relatively cheap.
Lucky me, I found the book there and I was able to purchase at the discounted price.

I was afraid I might not be able to read.
However I find out I can manage to read it. I can get what is written without dictionary.
What is more I find reading is quite comfortable. It is a bit small escape from my real life.
Escape is not so good word though.
I can have some brake in my real life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home