Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, April 03, 2008

Homeless

Homeless


Today I watched TV and watched a TV program about homeless person.
One year ago, he killed his mother because of the poverty. His health was not good
and could not work. At the same time, he have to take care of his sick mother.
Now he is out of the prison and be homless.
He is gaining a small money everyday from some support.
With that money , he buys 88yen(40p) candy sometimes. That is the only thing he please
himself.
I think he sometimes need to please himself more not to make himself push to the corner.
(Is this right expression in English??)
I sometimes go to cafes. A cup of coffee cost me at least 400yen (2£).

One of the impressive charactor of Japanese society is that we have not have much gap between rich and poor.
We did not have much and extream rich and we did not have much poor and extream poor.
All of us were middle class.
After the world war 2, we decided to make this kind of society.
I am not sure it was the right decision or not.
Since because of this decision we might loose many things and at the same time we obtain something.
We loose the diverswity in the society and that makes our society boring and empty.
However we obtain the society that all people do not need to worry about food.
So I think Japanese society was a bit like communism.
However things are changing. We start to have some extream rich and some extream poor.
Some people suside becasue of the poverty especailly the rural places.
Only rich can have good health treatmetn and only rich can have good education.
This thing is always in my mind.
I am not from good family just a bit below middle class.
I have paretents and they tried to give me a good education.
To give me good education, we gave up many things. Since my parents are not
really educated they could not see what I needed to be educated and just made me
everything they thought of. Sometimes I even feel guilty of my exsitence.
I always think at leaset education of children should be given without
thier parenet condition.




Life is unfair.
I know.
However some people who is next to me can not buy even chocolate?
I am too small but I am not happy about this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home