Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

computer/network layers

Here I would like to write about network layer.
I LOVE somputer things althouhg I am not strong.
However I belive I can develop my knbowledge step byp.
Revently I have learn about network layer from my British nerd friend
and would like to share this with other friends.

There are many protocols in the family of TCP/IP such as ICMP,FTP,DHCP,SSL,UDP.
Those protocols work on networking.

OSI 7layers model of networking
These are imaginary layers and we can understand how the layers work.
Those layers are independent.

7 Application layer (FTP, SMTP,POP3,IMAP)
6 Presentation layer (HTML)
5 Session layer (LOGINS)
4 Transport layer (TCP, UDP)
3 Network layer (IP,ICMP)
2 Data-Link layer (ETHERNET)
1 Physical layer (NETWORKING DRIVER)

Tip to remember: Please Do Not Throw Soussage Pizza Away

TCP: Transmition Control Protcol

UDP: User Datagram Protocol
unreliable and best effort

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home