Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, January 09, 2006

Staying with English family in Suffolk 3

26th December (Staying with English family in Suffolk 3)
After we left the friend’s house, we went to another friend’s house which is near my English family’s house. The house we visited is the house my English family used to live in, I heard. I think this is my fourth party in Suffolk but I was not still used to the party and did not know how to behave. At night, I asked to my English father how to behave at the party and he said to me that shaking hands and seeing the eyes of the person are important. Cheek kissing is also important.
Cheek kissing is still embarrassing for me because in Japan we only do this between boyfriends and girlfriends. In addition to it, in Japan, seeing the person’s eyes strongly could be rude because we do it when we want to complain or argue about something.
The manners are completely different, aren’t they!
Actually, I like to touch people around me and to see people’s eye, so I will get used to it, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home