Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, January 09, 2006

Staying with English family in Suffolk 1


24th December (Staying with English family in Suffolk 1)
From today to 3rd January I was going to stay with English family in Suffolk.
Today, I have got to their house. The family consists of a father and a mother and two boys (6years old and 8years old) and a dog and chickens.
I expect them being farmers because their address have the word “farm” but I found out they are not. Their house is old farm style house I have never seen. They just like the old farm house and chose to live in that sort of house.
The house is said to be around three hundred years old. Three hundred years ago, what the life was like? And It has big fire places. In Japan, even the houses cannot last more that 50 years because they are made of wood and paper and we have many earthquakes. We do not retain much building more than one hundred year old.
My little English brothers (6years old and 8years old) told me that I needed to make the list in which I wrote down what I wanted and burn it to send the list to the Father Christmas. My little brothers wrote down hiding what they were writing with their hand and throw it to the fireplace. I am already adult so I was afraid the Father Christmas might ignore me even if I did it.
At evening, we went to the church and watched the nativity played by small local children. It was really impressive. After watching the nativity, we went to the next house, which used to be the Vicar’s house and now it is hotel. I think it is my first party in Suffolk. I did not expect that I was going to more than ten parties following days at that time.
At night, dinner party was hold in my English family house and their friends came.
Today, I met 14 new people.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home