Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Saturday, December 10, 2005

usual day

What I did yesterday is not much. Studying and cleaning my room and doing the ironing. Mt life seemed boring one but sometime I have to have this kind of boring days. About my studying, actually, I am having a hard time and feeling frustrated.
My course is not an engineering one but some of my assignments require me to program. I want to learn how to analyze things according to the risk and other factors in this course. It is not directly relevant to the programming but still I need to know some programming to submit my assignments.
What I need to use is not difficult language according to the teachers. The languages I need to use are XML and JavaScript and CCS and so on. Those languages are basically for the use of the web. Some of my classmates have learnt Java or C++ language. Those languages are comprehensive and more difficult than what I am using. XML and JavaScript are kind of included in those languages in Java or C++. I am studying those language on my own basically and do not have any person I can ask. Teachers are saying that we can visit their office anytime and we can ask what we can not understand. Actually, it is difficult. They seem to be busy and hectic and the amounts of my questions are quite much.
I think, especially learning the computer skill requires some special environment. We need the environment we can ask teachers in front of the PC immediately when we come across what we can not understand. Information Technology has made long distances disappear and change the world but leaning it require us being close. I think I will visit teachers and try not to give up.
My disadvantage is not only the lack of the programming knowledge but also the English. In spite of these difficulties I am still fine.

3 Comments:

  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi, Tomi!

    You finally revealed some details about your course! It sounds so great that you study XML, CSS and JavaScript! Especially XML! It's EXTREMELY powerful. I always wanted to study it, so i tried several times, but each time i started something else distracted me and i canceled it. It's great to hear that you study Java and C++ by yourself! It seems that you are the only person i've met who did that on the purpose of going deep into the roots of programming. Please, take my special RESPECT for that! It has been quite a long time ago when i professionally programmed Java and C++ (for C++ it was about 6-7 years ago already :) ), but i still remember something. So, if i can be of any help, please feel free to ask me. Even if i'm not good enough at the details of C++, i still do lots of programming and, probably, can be helpful in making algorithms. So, please, don't hesitate to ask me by email or phone. After Mitchelle (do you remember her? she is one of us in Ifor Evans, did MSc in Computer Science at UCL) left back to Beijin, i feel a bit useless for not being able to help anyone with my programming experience :)

    So, have a pleasant and productive study! And a nice time with programming!
    Programming is FUN!

    Al

     
  • At 2:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hi Tomoko,

    Why don't you contact the IS Helpdesk and ask for Kam. He helped me out very much with my project.

    Yoshi

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Dear Guys
    Thank you for caing me.
    I am struggling with it.
    Yoshi,By the way, what is Kam?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home