Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, October 19, 2008

E-mobile on Ubuntu


I finally use e-mobile on Ubuntu.
It took a long time to make it possible. I check some web pages and tried their command however I could not fix it.
This time, I asked my friends to help me and finally I've to a internet life.
Here is the command I used.
#pppconfig
Connection name: emobile
Number: *99***1#
User: em@em
Password: replace_with_password
Speed:115200
Com: /dev/ttyUSB0
Method: PAP
To remove the device, /dev/ttyUSB0, I can use this command.
$ sudo modprobe -r uhci_hcd

To set up the device , I can use this command.
$ sudo modprobe uhci_hcd

To connect to the internet, I can use this command.
$ pon emobile

To cut the internet connection, I can use this command.
$ poff emobile

to test if I can get the internet access or not. I type this command.
#ping www.google.com

I do not want to do this every time when I connect to the ineternet, so I put shell command on the desktop. What I need is just clicking on the command shell icon on the desktop.
Here is the shell command file's content.

#!/bin/bash
sudo pon emobile


Here is the command fragmentations I still do not know however my fried used.


ls /dev/ttyUSB*

pppconfig

pon emobile

man gksudo

cd /home/tomoko/Desktop/

vi emobile

chmod 755 emobile

chown tomoko:tomoko emobile

ls -al

exit

apt-get install build-essential

ls /usr/src/

cd /home/tomoko/

ls

cd Desktop/

ls

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home