Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, September 08, 2008

CompTIA

I think to improve my knowledge on the computer, taking a exam might be nice.
One choice suggestged by Karamoon was CompTIA.
To consider about taking the exam, firstly I need to know what the object of the exam is. What for the exam is addressed. Secondly I need to see the past exam.
These two things I have done.

The object of the exam: CompTIA A+ certification validates the latest skills needed by today's computer support professionals. It is an international, vendor-neutral certification recognized by major hardware and software vendors, distributors and resellers. CompTIA A+ confirms a technician's ability to perform tasks such as installation, configuration, diagnosing, preventive maintenance and basic networking.

Outline of the exam
CompTIA A+ Essentials (220‐601) and one of the following: 220‐602 or 220‐603 or 220‐604
Time Allocated: 90 minutes per exam.
Number of Questions are as Follows:
CompTIA A+ Essentials 100
220‐602 (IT Technician) 90
220‐603 (Remote Support Technician) 90
220‐604 (Depot Technician) 90
220‐605 [to be decided]
The each exam cost me 100 pounds. So in total I need 200 pounds.
I thinks it is quite costly. If I take some training course, each course for each exam cost me more than 100 pounds. So if I take course and take the exam, in total it will be 400 pounds.
At the moment, I am studying something book keeping and attending school.
I think it is too dangerous to do many things.
So I decided to study by myself bit by bit at the moment for my enjoyment. I purchased a Dummies book. It cost me 26 pounds.
CompTIA A+ Certification All-In-One Desk Reference for Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) (Paperback)


http://certification.comptia.org/resources/find_materials.aspx
http://certification.comptia.org/resources/find_materials.aspx?id=771

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Polly said…

    Hey Tomi, best wishes with your study, I agree it is probably best to finish your book keeping exam first.

    take care

    Polly

     

Post a Comment

<< Home