Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Monday, September 08, 2008

Server project 2nd day

I installed Ubuntus my given computer this Saturday. Karamoon and I configured Ubuntus and connect that new server to my laptop with cross cable.
In configuration, not many things are required. We give the new server a IP address “192,168,0,1” and the my computer “192,168,0,2” in this local net work.
“192,168,X,X” is a private IP address for home use. The number “255” is the number we should only use to skip to. “255” is the number to be ignored.
Mainly this is the things I have learned that day.

Karamoon explained many things. I am not sure how much I retained the content. Here I would like to write what I have got.
IP address is the unique ID for each machine in the network. Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) is an Internet Layer protocol for packet-switched internetworks. The Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF) h, for general use o as designated IPv6 as the successor of IPv4, the first and still dominant version of the Internet Protocoln the Internet.
ASCII:
Port numbers is an application-specific or process-specific communications endpoint used by Transport Layer protocols, such as Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and User Datagram Protocol (UDP) of the Internet Protocol Suite. Port can be readily explained with an analogy: think of IP addresses as the street address of an apartment building, and the port number as the number of a particular apartment within that building. If a letter (a data packet) is sent to the apartment building (IP) without an apartment number (port number) on it, then nobody knows who (which service) it is for. In order for the delivery to work, the sender needs to include an apartment number along with the address to ensure the letter gets to the right domicile. As an example, a server used for sending and receiving email may provide both an SMTP (for sending) and a POP3 (for receiving) service; these will be handled by different server processes, and the port number will be used to determine which data is associated with which process. By convention, the SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) server will listen on port 25, while POP3 (Post Office Protocol version 3 (POP3) will listen on port 110, although it is possible to use different ports.
TCP is Transmission Control Protocol. It is one of the core protocols
UDP is User Datagram Protocol. It is one of the core protocol if the internet protocol suite.
IP is Internet Protocol Suite is the set of communication protocols used for the internet and other similar networks. It is named from two of the most important
Proxy server: is a server which services the request of its client by forwarding requests to other servers. A client connects to the proxy server, requesting some services such as file, connection, webpage, or other sources. I think it sounds like a router.
Internet Protocol Suite: is the set of communication protocol used for the internet and other similar networks. It is named from two of the most important protocols in it: the transmission Control Protocol (TCP) and the Internet Protocol (IP), which were the first two networking protocols defined in this standard.

MS-DOS command (Microsoft Disk Operation System)
http://www5f.biglobe.ne.jp/~emo/msdos.htm
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS-DOS

Ping: computer network tool used test if a particular host is reachable across an IP network; it is used to self test network interface card of the computer. Karamoon said it is like groping. (“Grope” is a new word for me. Groper is a kind of pervert we can find in a train.) Ping www.google.com
Ipconfig: ipconfig (Internet Protocol Configuration) in Microsoft Windows is a console application that displays all current TCP/IP network configuration values and refreshes Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol DHCP and Domain Name System DNS settings.[

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home