Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, March 20, 2008

A nail that sticks up gets. hammered down

I think to describe Japanese corporate character.
It is one of the great expressions.
We should not do anything except what you are ordered even if you think you had better do.
I am sitting the corner of the big desk called "open desk".
So the place I am sitting is not really my desk. It is just I often sit and I put some of my work material on the desk constantly. Basically we share this big table with several people.
Currently this big open-desk is too filled out with many work materials which are not belonging to anyone.
If you see the desk, I am quite sure you will be surprised.
It is really that extent.
We have this condition almost one month.


I can not even work properly and all people think it is really inconvenient to have those unusing materials on our open-desk.

However nobody do anything.
Can you guess?


A nail that sticks up gets. hammered down

This is the answer.

You might think it is so stupid and I am joking. It is just a small thing. We can just move materials to the shelves or other places.
However people really do anything about this because nobody wanted to be a hit nail.
We can be hit for even this kind of small things.
So basically we can not do anything for this.
If you do, you have high possibility to be blamed and if you do not do, you have high possibility not to be blamed.

In my life, I was in this kind of environment sometimes.
And I have experienced in this world at high school or University or precious work place.

I thought I had better to be quiet and do not do anything since people also happy if I do not do anything.
I should not existed as a human just and object here.
In this way, I sometimes obtained peace.
However I also know that if I ignore the problem and do not do anying, that problem will harm me soon even if at the moment it does not directly harm me as far as the problem is happen in the world I belong.

So I decided even if I get hurt from acting I should do something.
Either way, I will get hurt, however I think I will feel nice if I express what I think properly and behave depending what I believe.

Today, I asked my boss if I can move materials to the small segregated desk which currently nobody uses or the shelves.

He just says something which means nothing.

So I moved materials to that desk without proper permission.
I hope it is ok since he did not say NO.


Just moving materials requires me being desperate and ready for getting hurt or blamed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home