Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Saturday, January 27, 2007

Chess



Chess is among what I have learned in Britain. Before I have never played chess because simply I did not have any chance at all.
When I visited my suffolk family, I played with my little English brother. He explained rule though playing game. Sitting in front of fire place and just spend time playing game is really nice. So now chess is my favorite.
I decided to improve in playing chess. Recently, I purchased a small chess at Camden market. It is really tiny however it has figures and they look quite quite. Especially I like the Knights' figures, horse ones.
I even play chess on my computer to develop my skill. Computer is a really tough player who just take every chance. To be honest, playing chess with human is a little more enjoyable since we can see the face expression.
I guess, if the face expression system is applied into the chess-game-software, it would be really nice.

3 Comments:

  • At 4:10 AM, Blogger Tom Chivers said…

    Welcome to the addiction :)

    There's a computer programme called Fritz whose interface includes 3D animated opponents. But people are better to play, I agree :)

     
  • At 3:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    There is also Battle Chess :). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_Chess

    It is fun for a while to watch the tiny figures do battle on the board.

    I have a very nice Russian wooden chess board. At this moment, I have no one to play with, though :/

    My all time favorite chess player has to be Bobby Fisher. He surely is an individual :). Nowadays he is a fugitive in his own land. He was already a very adept player at the age of six.

     
  • At 12:21 AM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Hello. I am really a beginner.
    I purchased small chess board at the Camden town. Maybe, mine is Indian chess board.
    Do you guys know some good computer program to learn.
    I heard Fritz is so strong. Even if I am a beginner, to grow, I think I need to win sometimes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home