Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Saturday, January 20, 2007

Fears ans Trembling

Maybe nobody can imagine how much I do not want to go back to Japan and at the same time How much I love Japan. Yes, it is contradicted and make my hart tore.
I was born and brought up in Japan however I do not agree with Japanese culture, I am afraid.
Today, I watched a movie,"Fear and Trembling". When I was in Japan, I have never heard about this movie.
But I heard it is a best seller books in France.

It is a story about a young Belgian woman,Amélie works as a translator for the giant Yumimoto Corporation in Japan. For Amélie, who spent her childhood in Japan, this is a dream come true. It is her chance to become a ''real Japanese.'
She really experiences Japan,I think.. Her story is quite controversial and someone says it is too exaggerated. Amélie is the auther of this book itself.
As a Japanese, I can easily believe that what she wrote could be true. Her view is not really from a foreign person visiting a Japan but a view who are treated as a Japanese in Japanese society.
People say it is terrifying and hilarious story.
I want to ask Ms.Amélie, What do you think of Japan now.
I think she still likes Japan in a way.
In this book, she did not mention about ,however I think if she is a boy, her experience in Japan might be a bit different. I do not say that always women are
treated bad so on.
Her appearance is a woman and looks weak. It is not really good to survive. At least
she should have have a mean and strict face otherwise people will not treat her well.
Of course, I also think people should be treated as people should be regardless their appearances. However We are living in the material world.


I was happy to watch this movie since I was always wondering that I am the only person who finds Japan in that way.
In that case, I am the person who has mental problems.
After I go back to Japan, I would like to work for a company which is originated from Western countries.
http://www.cinemaguild.com/fearandtrembling/

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home