Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Dance party

By the way, i went to the tea dance party at the Royal Opera House.
It was just a two-hour-party.
When I was to buy a ticket at the box office, an American lady talked to me that
she had an extra ticket so she would like to sell it to me.
For some reason, her husband was not there so she did not want to attend, she said.
Sorry for her!
I think this dance party is so nice for an old couple if they can dance.
I got a ticket from her and attended the party.

Well, there, i found many old people there and I felt I am a bit too young to be there but still I enjoyed.
I can not dance and do not know the steps and I did not bring my partner or friends.
but still I enjoyed.
I met two young men there and talked a bit.
One man came because he has some business idea and was there for the research of it. The other man came because he just found free time at the Friday lunch time which he normaly never can not find free. Yes, it was Friday lunch time!
One of them recommended me to go to the "100 club" on the Oxford street. If you are intersted in ballroom dance, why not try?. You can take a lesson there as well.
It is around 10£, I heard. http://www.swingdanceuk.com/places/onehundred.htm
Maybe I will not go, because I feel enough already.
This month, I have guests from Japan who are an old couple from Japan.
The husband, he is my friend. usually, I do not have much friends of that age.
He is my exception. I am looking forward to seeing them.
I would like to take them to the tea dance party if they can dance and like to attend.
I have a list of what I want to do before I leave London.
Attending a ballroom dance pary was one of the things in the list.
Now I ticked it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home