Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, March 23, 2006

Japanese restaurant

I have got a part time job at a Japanese restaurant in my town four hours a week as a waitress. I think it is a nice job because I can eat Japanese dinner once a week after the work! I do not come across many good Japanese restaurants in London but I think this restaurant is nice.
My flat mate introduced me to that shop.
It is a bit strange that I am the only Japanese there including managers and other chefs.
Other people are Chinese and Korean who look Japanese but they are not. I think Japanese might be rare people more than I thought.
The shop has a conveyor and food is going around automatically.
In London, the Japanese restaurants with conveyors are expensive. To tell the truth, in Japan, it is the one of the cheapest restaurants.
Originally using the conveyors is cost cutting not the amusement things.

I love being there because it is so interesting and funny.
Not only funny it improves my English in a real way.
One group of customer was there in front of the table with finished dishes and I did not know if they are the customer who finished those dishes or they just came through and want to sit there. I could not come up with a good English phrase.
I just hesitated thinking what I should say and customers asked me if I was drunk.
Of course, I am not.
Now I needed to explain I was not drunk and why I was hesitating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home