Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, March 23, 2006

The feeling of lonely

Among my friends in Japan I am famous for getting the feeling lonely easily. Before I came to London, some of my friends worried that I might have a difficulty to dealing with that feeling in London. Yes I have!
When I have that feeling, I get angry with the whole world without reason and I can bite anything. (You should not come to close to me, because you could be bit.)
But it is not so terrible than I expected. I is OK.
Sometimes I could not find a person who can be my company here like I was in Japan but I can see how much my friends care about me through the e-mail and letters from them more than I was in Japan. And I develop the strategies for dealing with it. Now I manage to deal with it in a good way. Maybe I develop myself !!
When I feel the feeling of being lonely and miss my close friends in Japan, I read some newspaper such as “Financial time” and “the guardians”.
I do not know the reason but it makes me comfortable. I can forget myself and think about the English pensions or French youth employment problem.
Cooking with favourite music is also helpful. I can be so happy with it.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:11 AM, Blogger Mike マイク said…

    I know this is a really old blog, but I'm here in Japan and I really understand how you must have felt in London. I'm from America, but I spend all of my time alone because of my job. I work at an ekaiwa.. My students are the closet thing I have to friends. I do have a few friends here but I can't ever seen them because they have no time to see me. Tomorrow is my day off and I'm trying to decide what to do. Nothing seems fun alone. :(

     
  • At 7:13 PM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Hey, Drunk
    I think you can try Meetup.http://www.meetup.com/
    You can also try leanJapanese.
    http://japanese.libsyn.com/
    Tokyo is a really big city, if you want you can find what you need.
    I hope you have a good day off.
    Tomoko

     

Post a Comment

<< Home