Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Friday, May 13, 2005

Scottish Dance

I went to a Scottish dance party. This dance is a kind of high tempo folk dance with pairs.
The place the party was hold was humble and simple place like an elementary school gymnasium. But there was a real accordion band.
The people from the young age of high school students to the old age of grandfather and grandmother all enjoyed dancing. Basically women had to wait men’s invitation to dance, so we had to wait with wistful faces. This situation also interesting to me. Sometime I went to a man who was looking for his new partner by myself.
Men who showed great enterprise wore tartan skirts. Tartan skirts are formal dress in the Scottish.
In my country, no man wears a skirt, so it seemed strange to me a little.
I sweat much, and I felt that bad things were going away with sweat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home