Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Sunday, January 14, 2007

/Computer/Operation System

Operation System
Before I just understand operation system is the system to manipulate some software. Maybe it might not be a big mistake. However recently I 've got a good explanation what is operation system.
The core of an operation system is composed of kernel and drivers.
Drivers are language which each devices such as printers and displays and mice and keyboards can speak.
Kernel is the part of the operation system which listens to devices in their languages and makes them communicate each other. Kernel can be called “Universal translator” who can understand any machine language, driver.
For example,
When kernel sends the message “Print out ” to the printer, kernel uses the printer driver which means printer-language. When that printer sends us the message such as “Display the message that no paper found and please put some paper”. That message is made in printer readable language firstly and passed to the kernel. Kernel receive that message and decide to transfer that message and translate that message to display driver, display readable language. The display receive the message from the kernel and and display “no paper found and please put some paper”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_system

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home