Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Friday, May 05, 2006

Italian restaurnat

I am looking for a part time job.
From now, our course does not have classes and students are supposed to thier dissertation work.
It is a kind of isolatioted situation,
So I have to be ready for it. I need to place to go constantly to keep me up.
Now I need to prepare for the exam but I star to looking for it.

I find a note of requireing waitress in front of a Italian restaurant.
I entered into the restaurant.
It was a small restaurant but really beautiful, having small balcony on the Themes river.
We can see sky from there.
I like the sky in my town,
I found a small Italian woman and she seemed to be a owner.
I talked with her.
She said she want to know I am nice or not and give me a chance to demonstrate tonight because they have
party and would be busy.
She said she would have me and she do not care any nationality at all. I thought I liked her.
Actually, I would not want to work because just before the exam but I said yes.
I wore back pants and shirts and simple jueries and tried to look simple and suitable to the restaurant.

The restaurant is managed by the lady and her husband and one more guy and two shefs.
At first , I thought the guy is thier son, which turned out not after. His name is Roger.
I thought Roger is Italian because he spoke Italian but afterI found he is not.
The lady and her husband and Roger were nice to me and I was happy.
i worked from eight to twelve oclock and the lady said to me that, I was good so she would call me when they were busy
and gave me 10 pond. I am not working for money but if they should pay me at least 5 pond per hour.
I thought they were looking for a constant part time worker but they are not.
They asked me to work tomorrow, but a five minute later the doughter of the lady called her and said she can help.
The lady was a hard owner , I found out.
Of course , she should be to survive in London.
I hid my thought because there is no point to talk with them and said good bye cheerfully.

I felt dissapointted and walked to the bus stop.
It was late and there were many drunken guys and I was so scared but nothing happened.
At the bus stop, after I wait the bus for a while I found Roger there.
I talked with him.
He came fromBrazil and his grandma is Portuguese.
He is working full time.
He said that the lady is not easy I can see that he has paied extra effort to deal with her.

After I went to back to room I was still disappointed and thought that people here are just try to
exploite from me.
You know not only the lasy but also my professers.
They do not teach me.
When I bring my dissertation proposal, he did not give me any feed back.
He always try to avoide his work and ignore students.
That kind of ignoring really hurt me.

Japan is the only country I can stay?
But I do not think so.
I was just bad luck having lazy teachers and meeting exploiting people.
Yesterday was not really bad day. I met Roger and he was not bad even if I do not meet him
it was a nice meeting.
Today, my body was aching just because of four hours late working,
But I feel not bad,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home