Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Japanese Gray

My mother said , gray is the most beautiful colour in the world with some reason.

Since, I was a child I have talked with this topic since I was a little.
She said that sometime I am too honest and make things too clear, black and white.

Japanese people are famous for the story that they can not say “NO”. It is true, we can not. We do not like to reject and hurt people and we can not do that.
What we can do is to avoid the clear answer to the question. Japanese people can guess the answer “NO” if he/she can not get the answer in spite of so a couple of asking.
Actually, there is no point to avoid the answer, because still the answer is “NO” in those cases and makes any differences.

If you still continue to ask, you would get angry from the person. Maybe he/she said that you should guess without letting he/she say the answer clearly.

Western people might see difficulty to understand this custom but this is the beauty of
Japan, I believe strongly.
I can appreciate the beauty of gray but still I am a bit too curious to give up asking the reason or discussing with people.

Today I remember Japanese gray because one of my classmate said that I am a typical quiet and kind Japanese girl, by the say, which I am not but I want.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home