Tomoko's Blog

Originally I made this blog to communicate with with my friends I made with in London . I arrived in London at 14th April 2005 and this is my start studying here. I like computer staff and would like to develop knowledge in that field . I am getting some knowledge from my friends who are so much in that field. So I would like to try what I get and put them on this blog which is useful and understandable for non computer expert person besides my personal diary.

Free Counter

Thursday, July 28, 2005

First culture shock

I have found a big difference between the ways of treating customers in London and those in Tokyo. In London, people are treated as just people even if they are customers. I have paid £70 to connect the internet in my room for four months use. Three months have already passed, and still I can't use it. I have been visited PC help desk in my university every week to claim about thier non reation to my asking help.
I do not know if I will be able to use internet in my room for the rest one month.(Thanks to Yukko for your correcting my grammer and spelling misses)

5 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello, Tomoko.
    It's me again!

    I see many spelling errors again! Maybe you should take just one quick look at your sentences before you put them up.

    ①fond→found ②trearing→treating ③those of Tokyo→you wrote "the ways of treating customers in London" so perhaps "those in Tokyo" would be better. Would you mind asking your English teacher which is right? I'm not so sure of myself. ④I have paid £70 to internet connect in my room for four month use→"I have paid £70 to connect internet in my room for four months use" ⑤ I have visited PC help desk in my university every week to claim →since you are still continueing the visit perhaps "I have been visiting PC help desk in my university every to claim about the inconvenience." And also, maybe you should write what the claim is about. ⑥I do not know if I can use internet→since you are refering about the future "I do not know if I will be able to use the internet" will be better

    I'm not so sure about my grammar either, so please confirm with your teacher.

    It's been 1 week since I started living together with my father again. My whole family wakes up at 5:30AM these days, and we all leave home together. Aren't we a cozy family(^0^)

     
  • At 5:55 AM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    Too many mistakes, aren't there.
    I won't do make more spelling miss.

    When I was in Japan, You alway teasing me about my waking up early in the morning.
    Now you are also early weaker, I think.

     
  • At 4:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Dear Tomoko,
    I guess friend's grow to look alike!
    Yukko

     
  • At 8:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    amusing reading for a boring monday afternoon... long live 2nd language english speakers!!!

     
  • At 5:31 AM, Blogger Tomoko said…

    thank you for reading.
    I really happy to see your comment, matt!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home